Asset Care Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
We have four vacancies for Asset Care Engineers. There is one vacancy for an Asset Care Engineer in Blending and three vacancies for Asset Care Engineers in Filling.
To develop and maintain an asset care program that provides a high level of equipment safety and reliability. Ensuring equipment is running at optimal performance for both efficiencies and waste.
Continually follow advances in new and improved manufacturing technologies and ways of working.
Provide a unique lowest cost most effective asset care maintenance program that delivers a quantifiable cost benefit on machine availability and performance
Your responsibilities will be
Work proactively within a team and independently to:-
- Monitor site performance and historical activity data to provide continually improving asset reliability and availability.
- Adapt modern maintenance techniques and stay abreast of new predictive maintenance technologies.
- Have a life cycle maintenance plan for assets
- Introduce and sustain Autonomous Maintenance routines
- Ensure adequate spare part holdings for all assets and optimise standardisation opportunities.
- Completion of Planned Reliability Maintenance Inspections and Tasks in a timely manner and to a high standard
- Produces technical documentation in the form of reports, guidance manuals, RAs, SSOW and SOPs etc. Train out to other site personnel to ensure standard ways of working.
- Engage in Lean Maintenance Improvement Initiatives using CI and Lean techniques. Finding and developing more cost effective ways of working to reduce asset downtime requirements, increasing availability for production
- Play an active role in CI projects taking the lead where appropriate.
- Undertake SMED activities to ensure optimal changeover times and effective ramp up times on assets
- Use the CMMS system to plan and complete work. Including booking & requisitioning of spare parts, accurately recording completed work, follow up work, and results of reliability maintenance tasks to produce reliability trends.
- Working alongside third party contractors on R&M and the implementation of new assets to site, including commissioning, training and documentation
Skills and education we are looking for
- You should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an FMCG background. Showing demonstrable knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical control systems.
- You should hold a time served apprenticeship or have an HNC/ONC in an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering background
- Have demonstrable experience of the implementation and the ongoing success of an Asset Care program
- You should have strong Multi-Skilled Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance knowledge with demonstrable evidence in fault finding and route cause solutions.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and general PC skills.
- Able to produce technical reports and documentation.
- Able to read both electrical and mechanical drawings
- Able to fault find and basic PLC programming advantageous
Please note – If you are applying for the vacancy of Asset Care Engineer in Blending, the desirable skills and experience we are looking for are:
Ideally working in a Chemical Processing industry. Working on equipment such as
- Batch Mixing and Continuous Process mixing (such as Bran & Luebbe systems)
- Bulk tank storage and level control systems,
- Recipe Management Systems
- Flowmeters and Automated valve routing systems.
- Mixers (such as Pentax, Sheer Mixers and agitators),
- Trace heating systems,
- Pumps (such as Mono, CDR, Tapflo, Rotary lobe).
- Welding and Pipework fabrication Skills
Please note – If you are applying for any of the vacancies of Asset Care Engineer in Filling, the desirable skills and experience we are looking for are:
Ideally working on High Speed Filling and packing lines. On equipment such as
- Bottle sorters (such as Pace, Lanfranchi, Ronchi)
- Fillers (such as Serac, Kosme, Brietner, Ronchi, Ave)
- Cappers (such as Zalkin, Arol, Brietner, Ronchi, Ave)
- Labellers (such as Krones, Premier,)
- Casepackers (such as ETT, Pester, Campack)
- Palletisers/Wrappers (such as Dan, Octopus)
- Robot handling (such as IPAL, KUKA)
- Inline Blowmoulders (such as Kosme)
- Tippers (such as TEC)
- Tape Machines (such as Endoline, Siat)
What will make you successful
- Innovative thinker
- Able to handle complexity and a high pressure work environment.
- Able to work autonomously whilst effectively prioritising workload.
- Excellent Communicator. Both written and verbal. Able to produce technical and non-technical documents
- Able to train and coach others
- Customer Orientated.
- Team player
- Highly responsible and conscientious
- Reliable and flexible with strong work ethic.
- Pro-active and can do attitude required.
- Strong desire to learn and improve own skills.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- 30 days holiday (including 5 BH) + 3 bank holidays at Christmas
- Private health scheme option
- Up to 3 'Thank You' days (additional holidays) per year
- Pension scheme
- On site free parking
- On site canteen
- Free products
The closing date for applications is 24/03/2021
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.