Asset Care Implementation Project Manager
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
Working on an 18 month timescale and utilising a team of four asset care engineers, devise and implement an Asset Care Program that is fit for McBride across the Power 5 lines.
Delivering a lowest cost most effective maintenance strategy. One that is measurable and drives a reduction in reactive maintenance. Therefore giving an increase in machines availability and uplift on line efficiencies across the power 5 lines.
Your responsibilities will be
- Produce a maintenance strategy that is repeatable, achievable and measurable in its methodology. One that drives the understanding of McBride critical failure points.
- Documented SOPs for all tasks with comprehensive “how to” instructions, duration of task, spare parts list and tools required for the job.
- Understanding of McBride failure modes to drive a life cycle componentry replacement plan. Using OEM, 3rd Party Supplier and McBride information.
- Develop and implement Autonomous Maintenance procedures. Engaging with operations to ensure a culture of ownership and buy in.
- Optimise machine running condition and produce documentation supporting McBride best practice documented maintenance procedures, fault finding guides and operating parameters.
- Communicate and train across shifts to all engineers ensuring best practice ways of working are implemented to build a standard approach to work and be the conduit to improved machine reliability
- Understand critical spares requirements and build an appropriate stock holding. Looking for standardisation opportunities
Skills and education we are looking for
- Have previous experience of the implementation and the ongoing success of an Asset Care program, ideally with a formal qualification in modern maintenance techniques.
- You should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an FMCG background.
- You should hold a time served apprenticeship or have an HNC/ONC in an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering background
- You should have strong Multi-Skilled Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance knowledge with demonstrable evidence in fault finding and route cause solutions.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and general PC skills.
- Able to produce technical reports and documentation.
- Able to read both electrical and mechanical drawings
- Able to fault find and basic PLC programming advantageous.
What will make you successful
- Innovative thinker
- Able to handle complexity and a high pressure work environment.
- Able to work autonomously whilst effectively prioritising workload.
- Strong influencer
- Excellent Communicator. Both written and verbal. Able to produce technical and non-technical documents
- Able to train and coach others
- Customer Orientated
- Team player
- Highly responsible and conscientious
- Reliable and flexible with strong work ethic.
- Pro-active and can do attitude required.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- 30 days holiday (including 5 BH) + 3 bank holidays at Christmas
- Private health scheme option
- Up to 3 'Thank You' days (additional holidays) per year
- Pension scheme
- On site free parking
- On site canteen
- Free Tea & Coffee
- Free products
The closing date for applications is 24/03/2021
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.