Customer Technical Manager - Junior
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
To build Positive Technical Relationships with Contract Manufacturing customers, through her/his technical & legislative expertise, influence and communication. Provides a technical liaison between the Customer and different internal functions delivering the technical data requirements of the product launch and ongoing customer projects. Build stronger relationships between our internal technical teams (Product Development, Quality and Manufacturing sites and commercial teams) to ensure technical data is accurate within the customer specification systems.
Your responsibilities will be
- Development/Commercial support process
- Technical-commercial support to the liquid division by translating technical expertise into commercial lead discussions. The role includes direct customer contract for assigned customers.
- Supports on the technical liaison between the liquid commercial organisation and customers on areas such as product development (formulation and packaging) legislation or technical issues. Ensuring clear and concise communication to all stakeholders.
- Receives, understands, interprets, synthetises and builds knowledge on legal/quality and technical policy requirements of customers, and ensure internal technical teams are informed.
- Supports on the negotiation on policies with the customers to avoid important impact in McBride departments, and when necessary raise the customer’s policies impacts within McBride to senior management.
- Technical coordinator for (new) Product Developments towards the customer
- Support the commercial and product development teams in translating the customer needs into the development briefs.
- Translate the customer’s requirements to Product Development, Quality and manufacturing sites. Supports product development by providing customer’s perspectives to the internal teams.
- Translate and interpret customers related demands in offer/development briefings.
- Advise on priority settings based on customers’ perspectives.
- Bridge between Customer and McBride technical teams for product launch
- This role have direct customer contact acting as the professional representative of the technical teams in customer meetings.
- Close collaboration with internal stakeholders (product legislation, audit teams, QHSE) to capture relevant topics and pro-actively share/communicate with the contract manufacturing team.
- Ensure clear and concise communication to all parties involved, e.g. customer, Contract Manufacturing Team, Product Development, Regulatory Affairs, Quality and manufacturing sites.
Skills and education we are looking for
- University Degree of Chemical Engineer – or equivalent or Business School Degree with strong technical acumen
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a technical / product development role in FMCG environment.
- Experience in product development in the homecare industry.
- Experience of working with international branders on technical related projects.
- Experience with EU regulations such as CLP, BPR and REACh.
- Experience in commercial and quality contracts.
- Languages English and another European language is a desirable.
- IT skills – good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Internet, SAP and EH&S.
- International travel will be required.
What will make you successful
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed timescales.
- Ability to prioritise in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong communication capabilities both internally & externally.
- Ability to work independently.
- A keen commercial awareness.
- Resilient to setbacks.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Project management skills.
- Technical understanding of various technical aspects e.g.: Due diligence / Quality Standards / Technical Policy.
- Influencing skills.
- Entrepreneurial drive/ persistence.
- Strong team work ethic.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised.
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company.
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available.
- 30 +3 days holiday per annum inclusive of bank holidays.
- Up to 3 ‘Thank You’ days (extra holidays) per year for full attendance.
- Matched pension scheme up to 8% (salary sacrifice).
- Private health scheme (employee contributes).
- Life Assurance.
- Free parking.
- Free products.
The closing date for applications is 19/04/2021
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.