Customer Technical Officer (Permanent)
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s primarily based in Middleton, however some homeworking is involved. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Principles - Teamwork, Communication, Engagement and Leadership to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
- Support the Customer Technical Lead in building positive technical relationships with Contract Manufacturing and Private Label Customers, through her/his technical & legislative expertise and communication.
- Provides a technical liaison between the Customer and different internal functions delivering the technical data requirements of the product launch and ongoing customer projects.
- Support the Customer Technical Lead with relationships between our internal technical teams (Product Development, Quality and Manufacturing sites and commercial teams) to ensure technical data is accurate within the customer specification systems.
Your responsibilities will be
- Support the Customer Technical Lead and Powders Commercial team with technical translations for commercial discussions. The role includes direct customer contract for assigned retail and contract customers
- Supports on the technical liaison between the Powders commercial organisation and customers (both private label and contract manufacturing) on areas such as product development (formulation and packaging) both for ongoing projects, legislation or issues. Ensuring clear and concise communication to all stakeholders.
- Receives, understands, interprets, synthetises and builds knowledge on legal/quality and technical policy requirements of customers, and ensure internal technical teams are informed.
- Give technical/commercial support and advice to the division by providing the necessary technical information to support product introduction and launches on time.
- Understanding of the current and future Regulatory demands impacting the division, providing support to the different departments.
- Support QC/Product Safety/Regulatory affairs on some key specific matters in the allocated countries (e.g. customer audits)
- Deliver correct pack copies and artwork via the agreed process
Skills and education we are looking for
- University Degree in a chemical area, e.g. Chemical Engineer – or equivalent or Business School Degree with strong technical acumen
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a technical / product development role in FMCG environment
- Experience in product development in the homecare industry would be advantageous
- Experience of artwork, pack copy and retailer specification systems
- Languages English and German language is highly desirable
- IT skills – good knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Internet, SAP and EH&S
- International travel may be required
What will make you successful
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed timescales
- Ability to prioritise in a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication capabilities both internally & externally
- Ability to work independently
- A keen commercial awareness
- Good presentation skills
- Resilient to setbacks
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Technical understanding of various technical aspects e.g.: Due diligence / BRC / Sedex
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
The closing date for applications is 01/02/2021
If you would like a copy of the full job description and would like to apply for this role, please forward an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and covering letter outlining the reasons why you believe you are suitable for this role and send to the UK HR team, UKRecruitment@mcbride.co.uk.
If you would like to know more about the role before applying, and would prefer a confidential conversation - please email the above address and a meeting/call with the line manager can be arranged.
If you are an internal applicant you must inform your line manager of your interest in this vacancy before applying.
If you know of someone who does not currently work for McBride and you believe would be a great addition to our organisation and they meet the qualifications for this role, please remember to complete the Refer A Friend - Candidate Referral Form. The document can be found in the Talent Acquisition section of the HR Village page or from your Local HR team.
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.