Distribution Finance Business Partner
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
Financial Lead for Group Distribution across UK and European Operations providing insight and challenge in all aspects connected to distribution costs and activity. To provide clarity on key drivers influencing financial and operational performance which contribute to wider controlling, planning and forecasting within an optimised supply chain footprint and delivering a robust control environment in all aspects of distribution finance.
Your responsibilities will be
- Business Partner Group Logistics Manager and Transport Planning Partners in reviewing the effectiveness of distribution costs, overheads and network movements
- Maintain an effective control environment across all aspects of the role
- Provide weekly and monthly performance Distribution costs reviews through use of standard reports & KPIs and by regular engagement with key stakeholders and partners (in cooperation with R2R team)
- Preparation of consolidated Month End performance pack; provide commentary on key insights, cost drivers, challenges and any recommendations to influence network optimisation and profitability
- Lead and deliver the annual Distribution Budget process and quarterly Forecast cycles. For monthly IP forecast cycles engaging with Commercial and Supply Chain Teams to ensure correct Volumes, Costs and Standard Recoveries are captured
- [from 1.7.21] Ensure effective reporting is generated by the TMS provider managing distribution services on behalf of McBride group and ensure adequate control are maintained on TMS spend
- Cross functional engagement with all business areas to better understand market conditions impacting Distribution, identifying areas of opportunity and risk
- Review and propose future allocation of Distribution cost to customer/product profitability to help drive corrective actions in within the Commercial environment
- Ownership and maintenance of the Functional Costs (Standards) within SAP; updating where necessary (annual standards review and 3x/annum price file updates) to provide information for Logistics team and Divisional Commercial Teams
- Support the wider finance teams in accurate invoice management and finance Transfer Pricing policy deployment
- Provide adhoc support, as required, to HOF Group Services, Finance Manager Central Services, Group Head of Logistics and members of the Logistics Leadership Teams
Skills and education we are looking for
- Organised, disciplined and able to work under intense pressure to hit deadlines
- Analytical skills with the ability to present concise complex information
- Gives attention to detail and equally able to take a holistic view of operations and business performance in logistics function and across trading divisions
- A proficient user of Microsoft Excel, Power Pivot/PowerQuery, MS PowerPoint and (ideally) with a detailed working knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse
- Experience of dealing directly with key stakeholders and presenting complex issues to both end-users and management in a readily understandable manner
- Understanding of International Accounting Standards
- Professional Accounting Qualification or Finalist (ACCA,CIMA)
- Required - A minimum of 3 years’ experience in management accounting roles, preferably from manufacturing, supply chain or FMCG environment
- Desirable - Previous experience gained within multi-national organisations with good understanding of complex financial structures within large organisations
What will make you successful
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a team orientated approach
- Able to work effectively across logistics function and trading divisions to achieve group objectives
- A confident communicator; comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and able to tailor feedback to a range of internal / external audiences
- Pro-active ‘can-do’ approach, able to be ‘hands-on’ when required
- Tenacious in following through tasks to conclusion and is able to overcome setbacks
- Ability to provide evidence based recommendations and influence decision making using insights generated
- Drive to implement system solutions or improve existing ones
- Must be highly motivated individual with passion to succeed
- Have an inquisitive mind-set (not just reviewing Outputs but also Inputs, Processes and Drivers) to help develop and continually improve ways of working
- Able to work on own initiative, ability to work unsupervised on a daily basis
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
The closing date for applications is 30/06/2021
If you would like a copy of the full job description and would like to apply for this role, please forward an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and covering letter outlining the reasons why you believe you are suitable for this role and send to Annette Birley, Group HR Business Partner, email@example.com .
If you would like to know more about the role before applying, and would prefer a confidential conversation - please email the above address and a meeting/call with the line manager can be arranged.
If you are an internal applicant - It will be assumed, unless you tell us otherwise, that you will have informed your line manager of your interest in this vacancy before applying.
If you know of someone who does not currently work for McBride and you believe would be a great addition to our organisation and they meet the qualifications for this role, please remember to complete the Refer A Friend - Candidate Referral Form. The document can be found in the Talent Acquisition section of the HR Village page or from your Local HR team.
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.