Group Buyer – Indirect Purchasing, Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s, based in either the UK or Belgium but we also offer a hybrid working solution. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
As a Group Buyer in Indirect Purchasing you could be responsible for supporting the warehouse & distribution team on tendering distribution contracts, sourcing and securing Capex, or general service solutions, as required by budget holders across the business, at the best possible terms, price, quality, delivery and payment. You will drive value added activities through the management of existing suppliers and the introduction of new vendors, in line with Group Purchasing processes and procedures.
Your responsibilities will be
- Work with stakeholders across the Group to understand their business requirements and provide optimum purchasing solutions with regards to specifications, services, quality, innovation, timescales and value.
- Analyse spend data to unearth new opportunities to remove unnecessary cost from the business.
- Negotiate and agree appropriate terms and conditions for supply in collaboration with our colleagues and partners across a multitude of functions.
- Manage the existing vendor base, analysing on-going vendor performance and recommending change as appropriate.
- Lead on intelligence gathering for the market linked to operational and supply chain innovations and market trends, for example, to support longer-term business objectives.
- Undertake and maintain forecasting, tracking and reporting of all relevant financial and non-financial metrics on a periodic basis.
- Drive projects in accordance with the company strategy to deliver savings and avoid cost.
- Make recommendations on better practice to continuously improve Purchasing and non-Purchasing ways of working.
Skills and education we are looking for
- Previous experience in a Buyer role. Indirect buying experience is preferred.
- Experience of tendering in the warehouse & distribution field.
- Strong and evident negotiation, analytical and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication qualities with an ability to influence and work across various levels of management based in multiple locations.
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple, complex projects and work in cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable in working independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English.
- Able to travel for work, predominantly but not limited to Europe*. (*Travel is estimated to constitute up to 30% of the role).
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.