Group Buyer – Indirect Purchasing
McBride is the leading European manufacturer and supplier of Contract Manufactured and Private Label products for both domestic and professional cleaning and hygiene markets. Headquartered in Manchester, UK, McBride operates across multiple geographies, with manufacturing facilities in Europe and Asia producing over 1.2 billion units a year, and employs c.3,200 people globally.
Established in 1927, McBride boasts a strong heritage. We are the private label experts in our segments, with the scale to offer our development and manufacturing capabilities to our selected customers. We offer tailored services aligned with specific customer and channel requirements, strengthening these relationships and leveraging our scale through a complete focus on improving operational excellence and driving cost competitiveness.
As a Group Buyer in Indirect Purchasing you will be responsible for sourcing and securing Capex and service solutions, as required by budget holders across the business, at the best possible terms, price, quality, delivery and payment. You will drive value added activities through the management of existing suppliers and the introduction of new vendors, in line with Group Purchasing processes and procedures.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Work with stakeholders across the Group to understand their business requirements and provide optimum purchasing solutions with regards to specifications, services, quality, innovation, timescales and value.
- Analyse spend data to unearth new opportunities to remove unnecessary cost from the business.
- Negotiate and agree appropriate terms and conditions for supply in collaboration with our colleagues and partners across a multitude of functions.
- Manage the existing vendor base, analysing on-going vendor performance and recommending change as appropriate.
- Lead on intelligence gathering for the market linked to operational and supply chain innovations and market trends, for example, to support longer-term business objectives.
- Undertake and maintain forecasting, tracking and reporting of all relevant financial and non-financial metrics on a periodic basis.
- Drive projects in accordance with the company strategy to deliver savings and avoid cost.
- Make recommendations on better practice to continuously improve Purchasing and non-Purchasing ways of working.
- Previous experience in a Buyer role. Indirect buying experience is preferred.
- Strong and evident negotiation, analytical and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication qualities with an ability to influence and work across various levels of management based in multiple locations.
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple, complex projects and work in cross-functional teams.
- Comfortable in working independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in English.
- Able to travel for work, predominantly but not limited to Europe*. (*Travel is estimated to constitute up to 30% of the role).
Please Email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role.