Group Senior Buyer - Packaging
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in either MCO or ECO. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
Manage the procurement of a portfolio of materials, goods or services for the McBride group, optimising cost, cash, quality and service. Drive added value through sourcing strategically, value engineering, innovation delivery and risk management.
Your responsibilities will be
- Coordination of an admin assistants day to day duties based upon the needs of the portfolio.
- Influence key internal stakeholder relationships to drive delivery of Group Purchasing objectives.
- Procurement of a portfolio of materials, goods or services within a category.
- Develop and execute portfolio sourcing strategies that meet business requirements.
- Deliver KPI’s relating to cost, cash, quality, service and continuity of supply for the portfolio.
- Identification and implementation (through the business) of COP or COS (cost of service) reduction projects.
- Work with suppliers and influence internal stakeholders to implement the innovation strategy, and to evolve the strategy as technology, markets and business needs change.
- Continuously gather, analyse, interpret and act upon market intelligence. Communicate to internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Feedstock and market assumptions translated into annual budget and quarterly reforecast of portfolio spend. Assumptions documented.
- Minimise risk to continuity of supply by carrying out supplier risk assessments for the portfolio’s suppliers and implementing corrective actions as required. Ensure supply agreements are based upon formal legal T&C’s.
Skills and education we are looking for
Must be educated to level appropriate to be, highly numerate, a problem solver, influencer and a good communicator.
Knowledge/skills required include:
- Procurement strategy.
- Technical understanding of category materials or services.
- Project management.
- Contract writing and negotiation.
- Financial evaluation and forecasting.
Must be IT literate and should have the working knowledge of SAP, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
Candidate must gain internal possess and business knowledge, including, understanding of Commercial Category and Regional Business Unit needs to ensure alignment of purchasing strategy for the portfolio. Must be competent in understanding financial implications (cost, cash) of purchasing activities, supply chain requirement and R&D/Pack Dev processes (e.g. Approval; specification).
The candidate should also have the knowledge of external business including, supply base, category technology changes, competitor developments and market drivers.
What will make you successful
- The successful candidate must be able to identify, understand and quantify problems arising. Proactive approach, anticipating problems and seek appropriate actions to avoid.
- Must be able to resolve most problems presenting, drawing upon line manager and cross functional stakeholder support as necessary. Appropriately communicate to all relevant stakeholders, and not hide a problem because of concern for the consequences.
- The successful candidate must also be able to act appropriately as a key interface between McBride and a number of external companies (suppliers).
- This role requires good negotiation and persuading/influencing skills (internal and external stakeholders). Impact of these skills directly linked to COG and/or overhead budgets and success in getting projects implemented, therefore the candidate should be able to manage pressurized situations.
- The typical external contacts are supplier sales manager/director and Industry consultant. And the typical internal contacts include logistics managers, category teams, R&D teams, and the budget holder.
- The successful candidate will report to the Group Purchasing Manager and will be managing Admin Assistants and be responsible for their development.
- Influencing stakeholders to support change is key (e.g. Indirect, COP)
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised.
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company.
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available.
The closing date for applications is 17/09/2021
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.