Interim Finance BP – Central Park, Manchester
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Central Park, Manchester, (currently working from home) McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Principles - Teamwork, Communication, Engagement and Leadership to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
To support the Group Reporting team with Project Compass (business reorganisation) implementation and support the team with business as usual where required.
This role reports into the Finance Manager and is responsible for assisting in the efficient and effective delivery of Project Compass Central Functional Overhead and Group Commercial activities as the business transitions to the new strategy.
The team is pivotal in providing critical group level business intelligence surrounding the transition to the new strategy, reporting and forecasts of the group commercially, for Central Functional Overheads and operational results. A high quality service is required to key stakeholders being the Executive Leadership Team and the Board enabling the business to operate efficiently and to aid the decision making process.
Your responsibilities will be
- Assist with the implementation of the current business reorganisation in SAP and Business Warehouse(BW).
- Cost centre analysis and restructuring across multiple entities.
- Operational expenditure analysis.
- Support HR and the wider Finance team during the transition.
- Assist in the design and implementation of Group and Divisional Reporting where required.
- Business Partner Management aiding the decision making process and the ability to drive efficiencies throughout the business.
- Responsible for adhering to key business controls in order to minimise the risk of the provision of inaccurate financial information.
- Maintain current service levels of reporting (daily, weekly and month end activities) and continually improve to meet increasing business demands and stakeholder expectations.
- Manage expectations of key stakeholders ensuring clear communication as to responsibilities, timescales and output.
- Support the Group Commercial and Central Functional Overhead reporting processes where required ensuring accurate and timely submission for group consolidation each month.
- Provide finance support to Group Finance, other functions and processes for issues relating to Group Commercial and Central Functional Overheads.
Skills and education we are looking for
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA).
- Highly computer literate including experience of SAP.
- Highly proficient in MS Excel including Financial Modelling and PowerPoint.
- Ability to understand and use sensitive and complex information.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial reporting processes linked to Revenue, Operating Overheads and Group Consolidation.
- Effective at collaborating at all levels in an organisation ensuring fluent and concise.
- Strength of personality to exist in a role which must withstand detailed challenge from both internal and external sources.
- Ability to adapt to change and to enable and facilitate change in others.
- Understanding of the importance of identifying and meeting the needs of external and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work within a multi-national matrix structure.
- Style of work, willing and able to improve processes and achieve high standards of service within the business.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work both individually and within the team.
- Ability to analyse situations, make sound judgements and take appropriate decisions.
What will make you successful
- Experience of Financial Reporting (International FMCG and Manufacturing desirable).
- Experience in a business facing Finance Business Partnering role.
- Extensive experience in Governance and Control.
- Extensive experience in data analysis and financial modelling.
- Ability to communicate across all levels within the business.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available
- 30 days holiday (including 5 bank holidays) plus 3 bank holidays at Christmas
- Matched pension up to 8% through salary sacrifice
- Private Health Scheme (subject to joining date)
- On site free parking
- On site canteen and cashpoint
- A range of free drinks
- Free company products
- Access to discounts, Christmas saving scheme and prize draws
The closing date for applications is 29/12/2020
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.