Key Account Manager – Contract Manufacturing
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Estaimpuis Central Offices. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
The aim of this role is to improve our market position in offering contract manufacturing services and achieve financial growth, through building key customer relationships, negotiating and closing business deals and growing and retaining existing customers by presenting new solutions and services.
Your responsibilities will be
- Management of strategic/key accounts to deliver budgeted sales and profit
- Build strong long-term relationships and ensure continuous generation of new business
- Generate a Key Account Plan where strategic long-term account development is thoroughly analysed and translated into concrete short/mid/long-term actions and priorities
- Manage the tender processes and be responsible for competitive, on-time and accurate offer
- Negotiating contracts & price revisions.
- Effectively monitor and control project progress
- Resolve key issues and challenges of your clients and act as a link between your customer and the internal teams.
- Collaborate in the company planning process, preparing volume forecast and plans; budget and forecast sales for the customer volume, revenue, and timing
- Demonstrate an excellent financial understanding, understand the business drivers and identify commercial opportunities.
- Build market intelligence and acquire a deep understanding of customer needs and requirements;
- Translate account plans into strategic initiatives and liaise with marketing, R&D, category, purchasing and supply chain
- Prepare and execute presentations to customers both virtually and face to face;
- Prepare regular reports to the Line Manager related to account development.
Skills and education we are looking for
- University degree (Sales or a Business related subject) or equivalent
- Proven sales experience (8-10 years) in BtoB and in an international company
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken and with the ability to negotiate with customers in English. The knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Skilled negotiator with considerable experience in handling complex and commercially sensitive negotiations with major international clients
- Strong financial skills - understanding of profit and loss accounting
- Occasional International travel is required
What will make you successful
- A highly developed sense of commercial awareness
- Project Management skills
- Create long term relationships
- Numerate with strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Hands-on approach, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to prioritise, demonstrating first class organisational skills and time management skills
- Able to remain calm whilst working in a multi-task environment and with the tenacity to deal with resistance
- Ability to influence at a senior level, both internally and externally
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- A salary in line with experience and market conditions. You will benefit from a group insurance, an hospitalization insurance (DKV) as well as meal vouchers and eco-cheques.
- A company car.
- The opportunity to join an international company that offers you a stable and long term position.
- Offices situated in an accessible location, without traffic jams.
- Flexible working arrangements.
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.