Key Account Manager, Permanent, UK
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton, Manchester. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
Ownership & responsibility for the achievement of the company’s key commercial objectives within a specified customer(s) and overall strategy by establishing and pro-actively managing relationships at multiple levels.
Leadership of customer account team & taking a bespoke approach based on each customer’s requirements, ensuring that both immediate team members and wider stakeholders within the business are fully aligned to this at all times.
Your responsibilities will be
- Delivery of budgeted customer Volume, NSV, and CGP for the Financial Year for relevant Customer/s
- Continual evaluation of customer product mix to drive improved profitability (PPU) incorporating initiatives from marketing such as complexity reduction and cost of product recommendations
- Responsibility for managing product cost prices to maximise contribution including the implementation of cost increases when required
- Development and ongoing management of customer joint business plans where relevant, ensuring that these are aligned to business priorities
- Taking the lead with buyers to secure the optimum distribution level & fixture space for all supplied products (focussing specifically on the biggest & most profitable skus)
- Management of customer relationships across multiple departments (commercial, technical, product development) to optimise results in a complex matrix structure
- Effectively manage & resolve all customer pricing queries directly with the customer to ensure a healthy balance sheet and minimise financial losses
- Ensuring forecast accuracy is in line with account targets and working collaboratively with the demand planner to implement necessary changes, leading to a volume forecast that supports delivery of CSL & stock targets and informs the businesses financial planning cycle
- To be the customer expert within McBride, championing the accounts strategy and ensuring this information is effectively cascaded throughout both the immediate customer team and the wider organisation to maximise the development of the customer relationship.
- Lead the construction & communication of the annual customer business plan, ensuring that this accurately reflects the specific requirements of each customer
- Manage the development and workload of account team members, creating an environment that encourages ownership, responsibility and team unity
- Promoting continual improvement of processes with the account team to deliver operational excellence within the commercial environment
Skills and education we are looking for
- Graduate calibre
- High level of Numeracy and Literacy
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a Commercial role
- Account management experience of a Major UK Retailer
- Intermediate to advanced experience of Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Experience of leading a team
- Solid understanding of company and customer supply chains
- Basic to Intermediate experience of SAP
- Experience of working with own brand products
- Experience of working with or in manufacturing, supply chain, marketing or purchasing.
- Retailer ways of working and systems knowledge
What will make you successful
- Able to independently develop compelling fact based customer business proposals
- Can recognise different customer behaviours and adapts arguments to resonate with customers perspective.
- Capable Negotiator who can reach effective conclusions within agreed parameters.
- Confident and capable of leading day to day negotiations with relevant customer representatives
- Competent in working in teams, learning from mistakes, supporting others, respect of others opinions regardless of own views
- Consistently thinks of the needs of the team and focus on the achievement of collective results
- Able to create an environment that encourages teamwork, engagement and communication via in-depth knowledge.
- Confident to take the lead and accountability, move with pace, without hesitation to solve problems quickly.
- Consistently takes every opportunity to motivate direct reports and key stakeholders to achieve business targets
- Prioritises the continual of the personal development of direct reports
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, consistently
- Consistent in the review and monitor of compliance to ensure write off and obsolescence is minimised in all areas.
- Regularly act with speed, agility & confidence
- Ensure customer performance metrics are clearly understood
- Consistent in commitment to plans, buy to decisions and continuous improvement
- Participate and lead discussions and debates
- Understand and can clearly articulate the McBride Repair, Prepare, Grow Strategy and how it specifically translates into function activities
- Understand the key financial concepts and be able to relate these within current role
- Effective in knowing which communication method is most appropriate for a given situation
- Consistent in active listening to understand others’ points of view
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.