Lean Officer – Middleton Site
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Principles - Teamwork, Communication, Engagement and Leadership to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
To provide leadership and act as a change agent to support the sites pursuit of manufacturing excellence, through the integration and application of lean tools/techniques. Support, drive, improve performance and raise awareness of internal OPEX audit process.
Your responsibilities will be
- Support lean coach in the integration and application of lean tools/techniques through action based learning and training. With particular focus on model line concepts and management development.
- Provide leadership on developing “people focused” processes and procedures.
- Champion SMED and 5S operational activities.
- Identify specific projects or Kaizen “Blitz” opportunities that support the lean “ethos”.
- Contribute to sites lean savings budget and play major role in their execution. Including
- Verifications of saving
- Maintaining appropriate tracker and distribution of results
- Completion Of A3 scoping documents to support the lever 2 projects
- Integrate project planning process into operations.
- Facilitate VSM mapping activities.
- Liaising with other sites in sharing best practices.
Skills and education we are looking for
- At least 1-2 years within a management role within an FMCG environment.
- Project management experience.
- Change oriented. Must be passionate about change with a willingness to embrace new concepts and an ability to sell them into all stakeholders and understand the impact.
- Facilitation skills with the ability to coach and mentor colleagues through process and procedural transformation and skills development.
- Resilient with ability to prioritise and deliver to tough deadlines.
- Knowledge and appreciation of modern manufacturing techniques. This should include 5 S, Visual communication, Total Productive Maintenance, Value Stream Mapping, Business Process Re-engineering, the 7 Wastes (TIMWOOD), SMED and Problem Solving.
- Good Communicator
- Commercially aware
- Customer service skills
- Has a working knowledge of the Sap transactions and can execute each of the processes.
- Knowledge of suitable processes and skills application.
What will make you successful
A self-starter, enthusiastic, positive, energetic and resourceful, Results driven. A positive team player with leadership capabilities. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation. Influential and assertive, maintaining good working relationships. Good organisational/planning skills with well-developed process thinking.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- A competitive salary
- On site canteen
- On site free parking
- A range of free drinks,
- 10 Free company products per month
- Access to discounts, Christmas saving scheme, and prize draws
- Work wear and PPE provided
- Company pension, matched up to 8%
- 30 days holiday (including 5 bank holidays) plus 3 bank holidays at Christmas
- Thank you days - Extra holidays (up to 3 per annum)
- Private Health Scheme (with small contribution)
The closing date for applications is 18/12/2020
If you would like a copy of the full job description and would like to apply for this role, please forward an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and covering letter outlining the reasons why you believe you are suitable for this role and send to the UK HR team, UKRecruitment@mcbride.co.uk.
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.