R&D Packaging Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Bagnatica, Italy. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
To develop a new packaging from the beginning until the industrialization process, and review the existing components and processes looking for improvements. Lead the packaging projects and process in collaboration with relevant local and central functions. You’ll be responsible to specify packaging components that maximize customer and consumer satisfaction as well as finding the right balance between constraints, costs, demands/needs whilst contributing to a sustainable business.
Your responsibilities will be
- Development of new packaging: Development of new packaging that will be produced in or for the plant, in line with market needs, as required by Category Development (development of a new shape, from the first artistic design to the mock-up, and subsequent industrialisation).
- Technical management of packaging components: Management of the technical and commercial approval related to the introduction of any new packaging component variant in the plant.
- Global expertise in packaging materials: create valuable and sustainable packaging solutions through global knowledge / competence in the field of packaging materials, concepts and production, and concerning filling technologies, equipment, and environmental impact.
- Lead packaging projects in the assigned production site or across several sites.
- Master data management.
Skills and education we are looking for
- Engineering degree in Chemicals or equivalent.
- At least two-year experience in industrial environment.
- Knowledge of main packaging principles, software, equipment and materials.
- Project management skills.
- Good English knowledge.
What will make you successful
- Ability to translate commercial and marketing concepts into technical solutions and vice-versa.
- Driver of initiatives, being able to motivate and persuade.
- Organisational skills, able to define priorities.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised.
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company.
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2021
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.