Senior Operator, Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s, based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
A highly motivated individual with a logical thought process with a background in problem solving. You will need a mechanical appreciation to support the effective running of fast-paced Filling Lines. There is also an expectation to effectively manage, support and develop a team in order to optimise efficiency, quality, health and safety, Material Usage Variance (MUV) and housekeeping.
Your responsibilities will be
- Engage, motivate and develop assigned staff.
- Ensure correct manning levels for assigned line are adhered to and recorded.
- Through management of General Assistants ensure:
- Corrective actions from audits are made and maintained.
- Product and size changeovers are made in accordance with SWP and agreed target times.
- Departmental hygiene and line cleanliness standards are maintained at all times.
- Work with technicians and electricians to ensure effective and efficient planned, preventative and reactive maintenance of assets.
- Implement and monitor compliance to all Company policies, procedures and SWP’s.
- Ensure that routine quality inspections are correctly carried out and recorded and that quality instructions are adhered to.
- Work with all departments to achieve and maintain customer accreditation and BRC standards to as outline on the policy deployment matrix.
- Assist with investigations into quality failure as required.
- Achieve conformance to target and production plan.
- Prepare for and conduct shift handovers with other Senior Operators.
- Provide and deliver information in an agreed format for shift production meeting (handover log).
- Ensure agreed HSE KPI’s are delivered.
- Ensure that routine safety inspections are correctly carried out.
- Report, record and support investigation of near misses and accident/incidents.
- Issue General Safety Notices as appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to PPE and HSE policies and procedures (duty of care).
Skills and education we are looking for
Education and Experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in an FMCG environment, supervisory experience advantageous
- Be able to demonstrate both mechanical and technical aptitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to manage and motivate a small team of people
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- High standards of literacy and numeracy
- Attention to detail is a must
- Have ability to operate in and promote an environment which continuously seeks to improve through investigation analysis, team participation and involvement.
- IT / Systems literate
- Understands and takes responsibility for the affect own day to day actions have on the commercial performance of the business e.g. waste, quality, responsiveness to internal and external enquiries, appearance in front of customers.
- Understands the concept of the “internal customer, supplier”, who their internal customers are and the standards of service they require.
- Develops working relationships with people from other areas of the business.
- Takes ownership for work activities, issues and complaints within his/her control, referring those, which are outside their remit to the appropriate person.
Health, Safety and Environment
- Complies with Robert McBride Ltd. Health, Safety and Environmental Policies as displayed on the notice board.
- Ensures safe working and ensures that their working environment is kept tidy.
- Reports any safety hazards and environment risks within the work area or malfunction of any machine, plant or equipment to the immediate Manager.
- Complies with all written or verbal instructions given to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Uses safety equipment and/or protective clothing as required by the task in hand. e.g. Ear/Eye protection, Safety Footwear etc.
- Reports all incidents to the immediate Manager whether injury is sustained or not, including environment incidents.
- Observes the Fire Evacuation Procedure and learn the position of all fire equipment and exit routes Quality
- Understands and takes responsibility for quality.
- Understanding and follows all quality procedures and specifications.
- Reports substandard or unsatisfactory work/products.
- Knowledge of suitable processes and skills application.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
What will make you successful
- Communication – communicates at all levels clearly, listens and involves others in direction and goal setting.
- Team Building – Builds effective relationships with people at all levels, while motivating and energising others.
- Leadership – Provides vision and direction, inspires others to follow. Takes responsibility for involving, enabling and motivating people.
- Commitment to self-development – Is not limited by previous experience and engages actively in improvement activities.
- Leading Change – Plans for and successfully introduces change leading to improvements.
- Meeting customer needs – Understands the importance of identifying and meeting the needs of external and internal customers.
- Decision-making – Analyses situations, makes sound judgements and takes appropriate decisions.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- Up to 3 'Thank You' days (additional holidays) per year
- Pension scheme
- On site free parking
- On site canteen
- Free products
The closing date for applications is 28/10/2021