We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton, Manchester, UK. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Principles - Teamwork, Communication, Engagement and Leadership to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
Be a pro-active member of a cross functional, multi-skilled engineering team. Working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern to provide a 24/7 reactive and proactive engineering service to Middleton production site. Ensuring all assets perform to maximum production speeds with minimum interruptions and breakdowns.
Your responsibilities will be
- Issue and work with Permit to Work systems, Isolation Procedures and McBride Risk Assessments and Policies.
- Play an active part in Safety Walks and identifying improvements and producing/updating Risk Assessments.
- Completion of Planned Reliability Maintenance Inspections and Tasks to a high standard
- Reactive maintenance and fault finding. Using practical problem solving skills to provide a timely fix. Ensuring production losses are minimal and workaround solutions are provided when required.
- Engage in Lean Maintenance Improvement Initiatives using CI and Lean techniques. Play an active role in CI projects taking the lead where appropriate.
- Use CMMS system to plan work. Including booking & requisitioning of spare parts, accurately recording completed work, follow up work, along with the results and findings of reliability maintenance tasks;
- Ensure communication is clear and consistent to all team members, management and across shifts – including all external customers such as Production, Quality and H&S,
- Collaborate with all site personnel to ensure site minimal disruption to production output.
- To assist with training new and existing staff members on specialist skills and experience to effectively benefit the team’s growth.
- Working alongside third party contractors on R&M and the implementation of new assets to site, including commissioning.
- Produce technical documentation and reports. Including SOPs and Risk Assessments.
- Support TPM autonomous maintenance and improve ways of working within the internal and external team
Skills and Education we are looking for
- You should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working on high volume production automated machinery with knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical control systems whilst carrying out and preparing routine maintenance programs.
- You should hold a time served apprenticeship or a HNC/ONC in an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering background
- You should have strong Multi-Skilled Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance fault finding capabilities.
- Previous experience of a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer within a similar FMCG environment.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and general PC skills
- Able to read both electrical and mechanical drawings
- Able to fault find and basic PLC programming advantageous.
What will make you successful
- Able to handle complexity and a high pressure work environment.
- Able to work autonomously whilst effectively prioritising and adapting to variable workload.
- Good Communicator. Both written and verbal. Able to produce technical and non-technical report.
- Customer Orientated.
- Team player
- Highly responsible and conscientious
- Reliable and flexible with strong work ethic.
- Punctual, presentable and with good attendance.
- Pro-active and can do attitude required.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
What’s on offer
Competitive package available
Continental shift pattern (4 on 4 off, 2 days, 2 nights)
24 days holiday plus 3 bank holidays at Christmas
Matched pension up to 8% through salary sacrifice
On site free parking
On site canteen
Free tea and coffee
Free company products
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.