Marketing Manager, Temporary (maternity cover)
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
The Product Marketing Manager supports the Head of Product Marketing, being the ‘guardian’ of the Fabric Conditioner product portfolio and manager of our sensitive skincare laundry brand, Surcare. He / she is accountable for designing and implementing a program of activities (NPDs / EPDs) that will ensure McBride achieves the targeted turnover and margin in the Fabric Conditioner category and Surcare brand across Europe and the UK.
Your responsibilities will be
- The Product Marketing Manager is accountable for all product management activities (category planning and project portfolio) related to the commercialisation of McBride product offering in the Fabric Conditioner category and Surcare brand.
- As the category expert for Fabric Conditioner, this role will require a helicopter view of the sub-category across Europe and the UK. It will manage the strategic product portfolio end to end, handling portfolio complexity, along with a focus on cost competitiveness which will be key.
- This role, supported by the Head of Marketing will create the Fabric Conditioner 5 year Marketing Plan. They will recommend the appropriate NPD / EPD pipeline and project manage all strategic related activities (NPDs / EPDs). They will work closely with the key country Customer Marketing Executives who will activate and customise work to ensure the McBride product Fabric Conditioner portfolio fits local market requirements (consumer and customer fit).
- The individual will also be accountable for our sensitive skincare laundry brand, Surcare. Creating the brand plan in line with the overarching Laundry strategy and executing at country level with support from the Commercial teams.
- Additional focuses:
- Monitor brands, PL competitors and general category performance using internal and external measures. Keeps benchmarking (working with Product Development and country Customer Marketing Executives) and market maps up to date. Implementing corrective actions where necessary, to ensure faster follower to brands status.
- Competently manage NPD / EPD projects though our NPI online platform, ensuring correct processes are followed, financial evaluations / justifications are completed, and delivery is on time and in budget.
- Work closely with Head of Marketing to ensure alignment with Detergent and overarching Laundry strategy.
- Provide the vital conduit between Sales and Product Development (Formulation and Packaging).
- Work closely with Sales on strategic projects to support customer projects and requests. Recommends the best product / range and supplies all information to cost (via offer brief) for new contract opportunities / or business defence. Customer tender support is a vital part of the role.
- Work closely with Sales to support customer projects and requests. Recommend the best product / range and supplies all information to cost (via offer brief) for new contract opportunities / or business defence. Customer tender support is a vital part of the role.
- Create category presentations (‘sell decks’) with relevant support material and present as necessary to external customers.
- Work with external suppliers, i.e. fragrance houses. Developing strong relationships and ensuring best outcomes for the Fabric Conditioner sub-category.
- Lead when appropriate market research projects / NPD concepts, as required to test new opportunities and validate assumptions.
- Liaise with design colleagues / agencies, when design or mock-ups are needed for NPD concepts or customer sell in.
Skills and education we are looking for
- Degree in Marketing or Business related subject
- Minimum of 5 years marketing experience in FMCG environment
- Broad understanding and appreciation of Grocery retailing
- Experience of delivering NPD / EPD through a logically planned process
- Category and brand plan experience, ability to implement successful plans that support company strategy
- Prior experience in a consumer marketing environment
- Full driving licence
- Ideally some past experience working with Private Label products
What will make you successful
- The turnover of McBride in the Fabric Conditioner liquids sub-category exceeds the £30m mark and the position is accountable for all marketing activities required to manage effectively this turnover level across multiple geographies.
- No direct reports are assigned but the role requires multifunctional working, and ability to co-ordinate and distribute activities with the local Customer Marketing Executives within the Laundry team.
- The position requires a combination of strategic thinking and pragmatic commercial approach, strong influencing ability (both in the internal interactions (Product Development and Commercial teams) and external relationships (with Customers and Suppliers) and strong drive for results and commercial/financial performance.
- The position requires a proven skill-set in product marketing and category planning, the ability operate effectively on international / multi-cultural basis and commercial expertise / exposure to customers and ability to interface strategically with retailers and brand owners organisation.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- • Competitive package available
• Temporary role (mat cover for 6-9 months)
• 30 days holiday per year plus 3 statutory (incl bank holidays) (pro rata)
• Matched pension up to 8% through salary sacrifice
• Private Health Scheme
• Free parking
• Free products
• Christmas savings scheme
• Discount scheme
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.