Multi-skilled Shift Maintenance Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
Be a pro-active member of a cross functional, multi-skilled engineering team. Working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern to provide a 24/7 reactive and proactive engineering service to Middleton production site. Ensuring all assets perform to maximum production speeds with minimum interruptions and breakdowns.
Your responsibilities will be
- Issue and work with Permit to Work systems, Isolation Procedures and McBride Risk Assessments and Policies.
- Play an active part in Safety Walks and identifying improvements and producing/updating Risk Assessments.
- Completion of Planned Reliability Maintenance Inspections and Tasks to a high standard
- Reactive maintenance and fault finding. Using practical problem solving skills to provide a timely fix. Ensuring production losses are minimal and workaround solutions are provided when required.
- Engage in Lean Maintenance Improvement Initiatives using CI and Lean techniques. Play an active role in CI projects taking the lead where appropriate.
- Use CMMS system to plan work. Including booking & requisitioning of spare parts, accurately recording completed work, follow up work, along with the results and findings of reliability maintenance tasks;
- Ensure communication is clear and consistent to all team members, management and across shifts – including all external customers such as Production, Quality and H&S,
- Collaborate with all site personnel to ensure site minimal disruption to production output.
- To assist with training new and existing staff members on specialist skills and experience to effectively benefit the team’s growth.
- Working alongside third party contractors on R&M and the implementation of new assets to site, including commissioning.
- Produce technical documentation and reports. Including SOPs and Risk Assessments.
- Support TPM autonomous maintenance and improve ways of working within the internal and external team
- Have responsibility within the Emergency Evacuation plan to carry out the Engineering Investigation Team Role.
- Work a fully flexible rota which will include overtime and flexible working requirements
Skills and education we are looking for
- You should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working on high volume production automated machinery with knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical control systems whilst carrying out and preparing routine maintenance programs.
- You should hold a time served apprenticeship or a HNC/ONC in an Electrical/Mechanical Engineering background
- You should have strong Multi-Skilled Electrical or Mechanical Maintenance fault finding capabilities.
- Previous experience of a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer within a similar FMCG environment.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and general PC skills
- Able to read both electrical and mechanical drawings
- Able to fault find and basic PLC programming advantageous.
What will make you successful
- Able to handle complexity and a high pressure work environment.
- Able to work autonomously whilst effectively prioritising and adapting to variable workload.
- Good Communicator. Both written and verbal. Able to produce technical and non-technical report.
- Customer Orientated.
- Team player
- Highly responsible and conscientious
- Reliable and flexible with strong work ethic.
- Punctual, presentable and with good attendance.
- Pro-active and can do attitude required.
- Strong desire to learn and improve own skills.
The closing date for applications is 19/04/2021
If you would like a copy of the full job description and would like to apply for this role, please forward an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and covering letter outlining the reasons why you believe you are suitable for this role and send to Anjanette Reddick, HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role before applying, and would prefer a confidential conversation - please email the above address and a meeting/call with the line manager can be arranged.
If you are an internal applicant you must inform your line manager of your interest in this vacancy before applying.
If you know of someone who does not currently work for McBride and you believe would be a great addition to our organisation and they meet the qualifications for this role, please remember to complete the Refer A Friend - Candidate Referral Form. The document can be found in the Talent Acquisition section of the HR Village page or from your Local HR team.
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.