Product Development Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Ypres. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
As R&D Engineer you are responsible for the development of home care formulations. You develop these formulations according to the customer requirements in due time, at the right price and in accordance to current legislation.
Your responsibilities will be
Your main tasks are:
- Formulation Development
- New formulation development in line with market/customer needs
- Research on new, innovative raw materials & concepts
- Optimise existing formulations to provide the optimal cost-quality
- • Technical Data: management and provision of necessary technical data packs
- Technical Support
- Support plant on first productions and plant related projects
- Support Marketing and Customer Technical with customer service
- Support Purchasing with raw material & supplier selection
- People Management: manage and support a R&D Chemist in the lab
Skills and education we are looking for
Education and experience
You have a Master degree in Engineering – preference chemistry. You have at least 2 years work experience in a similar function within a production environment.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch, French and English
- Good knowledge of MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-Outlook. Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Role specific competences
Accuracy and punctuality are key in this job. You have good communication skills and you are able to persuade. You are flexible. Next to your technical skills and your chemical knowledge you also have good organisational skills.
What will make you successful
- You can work independently and handle information very accurately
- You have good communication skills and you are very organized
- Result orientation puts you first
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- A family working atmosphere and yet being part of a larger international group
- A motivating salary package with fringe benefits
The closing date for applications is 03/09/2021
If you would like a copy of the full job description and would like to apply for this role, please forward an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and covering letter outlining the reasons why you believe you are suitable for this role and send to Cindy Verkruysse, HR Officer, Paddevijverstraat 49 8900 Ieper – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.