Purchasing Assistant, permanent
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in MCO. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
To assist Buyers and Purchasing Managers in the procurement of materials, goods or services. Maintenance of Purchasing data and records, along with responses to queries and requests from various key internal stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will be
- Manage price requests coming in to purchasing from internal customers, sending out enquiries to suppliers and providing feedback internally – all within pre-agreed timelines.
- Where directed, launch and co-ordinate tendering activities, providing analysis of offers received.
- Ensure system is fully updated with all relevant pricing information & master data for designated supplier, in order to allow purchase orders to be placed
- Travel booking
- General administrative tasks such as answering phones /booking meetings / filing
- Initiate, where required, creation of New Suppliers within system
- Investigate invoice anomalies collating all facts, and present to Buyer / Purchasing Manager for resolution before impacts on SSL occur
- Support Buyers & Purchasing Managers with reports and analysis on frequent basis
- Upon the request of the Buyer / Purchasing Manager, launch cost saving proposals (COP’s) internally and follow up on their progress
- Assist Buyers / Purchasing Managers with Forecast / Budget exercise
- Act as back up to support of colleague assistants
Skills and education we are looking for
- Numerate & analytical
- Well organised
- Comfortable in dealing with people from a range of different cultures / nationalities
- Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of another European language is a plus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working both as part of a team & individually
- Ability to manage fluctuating workload throughout the year
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Fully competent with Office is essential
What will make you successful
- Remain calm under pressure
- Work timely and accurate
- Work pro-actively and in good collaboration with your internal and external customers to get to the best results
- To communicate in a professional manner with external supply base
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available
The closing date for applications is 01/11/2021