R&D Engineer (full time - unlimited)
McBride is the leading supplier for household & textile washing private label products in Europe. Our customers are the largest and most successful European distribution retailers.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: effective communication in an open environment where challenge is welcomed and your contribution recognised. The main ingredient, however is the unique talent of team players, like yourself, who believe in continuous improvement and aim for optimum results.
As R&D Engineer you are responsible for the development of household & textile washing formulations. You develop these formulations according the customer requirements: in due time and at the right price. It also means developing formulations, that are safe for the consumer and in accordance to current legislation.
Your main tasks are:
- Development of Formulations: develop new formulations in line with customer requirements; research for new innovative raw materials & concepts; optimise existing formulations to provide the best balance of performance / price ratio
- Technical Data: management and provision of associated technical data in accordance with departmental and business processes.
- Performance Testing: assess the performance of formulations both internally and via contact with external performance testing labs
- Technical Support: provide a technical support for plant projects; support the Category Business Unit teams, provide an effective service to our customers; provide technical support to Purchasing with regards to raw material selection
- People Management: manage a team of 1-2 R&D Chemists
Education and experience
You have a Master degree in Engineering – preference chemistry. You have at least 2 years work experience in a similar function within a production environment.
- Languages: you have a very good knowledge of Dutch, French and English
- Information systems: good knowledge of MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-Outlook. Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
Role specific competences
Accuracy and punctuality are key in this job. You have good communication skills and you are able to persuade. You are flexible. Next to your technical skills and your chemical knowledge you also have good organisational skills. During your induction period and on-the-job training you are happy to travel occasionally between the Ieper and Estaimpuis site (+/- 40 km- single distance) and to our other European sites.
You are passionate about private label and you apply the McBride principles within your job: teamwork, leadership, engagement and communication.
Interested? Please send your cv to: McBride NV, Hanne Vanfleteren, HR Officer, email: email@example.com