R&D Packaging Specialist , temporary – 6 months (up to 12 months depending on situation)
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Estaimpuis. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the Best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
The Packaging Specialist owns the packaging development process from concept to industrialization. He/she is responsible to specify packaging components that maximize customer and consumer satisfaction as well as finding the right balance between constraints, costs, demands/needs whilst contributing to a sustainable business.
Your responsibilities will be
Coordinate packaging development projects and processes. Report on packaging performance based on metrics, data and analysis. Develop new packaging from concept to implementation in close collaboration with other internal functions, to deliver packaging formats that are in line with customer requirements, market needs, production capabilities and supply chain efficiency. In this role you will also be able to propose and realise improvements on existing packaging components.
Skills and education we are looking for
- Ability to understand and integrate various requirements to find and propose the best possible option/solution.
- Strong project management capabilities (ability to define priorities, structure and follow up)
- Experience with production technologies (packaging and product) and 3D drawing (Solid Works) required
- Ability to use packaging development equipment (slide caliper, compressometer, torquemeter, etc) and packaging development software (e.g. CapePack).
- Language knowledge for this position English (good level required) and French (fluent)
What will make you successful
- You are solution oriented go-getter who will go to great lengths to satisfy the customer/consumer.
- You are a good communicator who is able to motivate and persuade others and not afraid to challenge others to drive the best possible solution for the Group.
- Creativity is part of your DNA and project management is in your blood.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- Highly flexible working environment (flexible working hours and working from home);
- Working with and learning from competent colleagues;
- Working with an interesting product and being at the forefront of sustainable innovations in packaging.
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.