R&D Packaging specialist
McBride is the leading European manufacturer and supplier of Contract Manufactured and Private Label products for the domestic and professional cleaning/hygiene markets. Headquartered in Manchester, UK, McBride operates across twelve countries, with 16 manufacturing facilities producing over 1.2 billion units a year, and employs 4,000 people globally.
Established in 1927, McBride boasts a strong heritage. We are the private label experts in our segments, with the scale to offer our development and manufacturing capabilities to customers in the UK, Continental Europe and Asia Pacific. We offer tailored services aligned with specific customer and channel requirements, strengthening these relationships and leveraging our scale through a complete focus on improving our operational excellence and driving our cost competitiveness.
Your responsibilities will be:
As Packaging Specialist you manage the development of new packaging components from design to industrialization and this for Household products. You are responsible for technical approval, specification & data management for all packaging components. You have expertise in packaging materials and components. You manage packaging projects.
Your main tasks are:
- Development of new packaging components from design to industrialization, taking into account the safety of the final consumer.
- Ensure that project stakeholders are informed of progress and approve proposals, throughout the design and development of new packaging and printed components.
- Maintain up to date and accurate specifications for all new packaging components, including relevant associated paperwork and SAP activities.
- Support the design of new blow moulding tooling through design and technical drawing development, through relevant blow moulding trial evaluation and final bottle approval.
- Determine optimized pallet stacking patterns, maximizing pallet utilisation, while maintaining a stable pallet configuration.
- Ownership for coordination of relevant production trials for new component introduction within the plant, offering expertise to resolve issues.
- Provide new packaging component samples upon request by relevant stakeholders.
- Propose and deliver solutions related to packaging components to resolve production, quality, nonconformity related issues.
- Support the minimisation of cost and complexity of packaging components by proposing solutions from the current portfolio and challenging new componentry requests.
- Manage and support offer briefings to be able to deliver the right packaging for each request.
- Packaging development experience or degree in a packaging or design related subject
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar role within a FMCG environment
- You communicate fluently in French or Dutch. Very good knowledge in English is required
- You have good project management skills.
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are persuasive and dynamic person with a positive and can-do attitude
- Good project management skills
- Knowledge of 3D drawing (3D Solidworks), Pallet pattern drawing (Cape) is an asset.
Interested? E-mail your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role.