SAP Analyst – Supply Chain
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Central Park, Manchester. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Principles - Teamwork, Communication, Engagement and Leadership to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
Working within a team covering specific business process areas, developing and supporting business applications across the McBride group to deliver Information Technology based solutions to support business requirements and aims
Your responsibilities will be
- Take the lead in developing and implementing EDI solutions
- Take responsibility for patching/upgrading our Seeburger EDI system
- Review and maintain disaster recovery plans for Seeburger
- Assimilate business requirements and design and agree appropriate solutions, specifying detailed changes to application systems and / or specifications for bespoke programs.
- Carry out SAP applications configuration (with minimal supervision) with adherence to internal policies and procedures.
- Delivery of designated packages of work to support an overall project, from general systems technical development to, for example, producing; ‘current state, blueprint and testing documentation.
- If required, act as a Team Leader on specific project work, adhering to a PRINCE2 methodology work frame.
- Work with other SAP Specialists to ensure integrated end to end process solutions.
- Testing and implementation of SAP Upgrades and service packs.
- Input into team activities in line with development and support plans, as directed by the Manager of that applications area.
- Preparation and delivery of high quality internal customer education and training.
- Develop and maintenance of all supporting systems and customer documentation.
- Provide coaching and support for other team members, promoting good team working generally.
- Provide 3rd line internal customer support when 2nd line SAP support cannot address the customer’s issue. Therefore generally ensure a consistent, high level of support is provided to the business community promoting adherence to the Group Information Systems Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Contribute to team discussions and team meetings.
- If needed travel to other McBride locations to carry out work.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of specific SAP team area(s) and business internal business processes.
- Contribute to business process design and maintenance using subject matter expertise.
Skills and Education we are looking for
- Educated to degree level, specifically a technical IT related degree is an advantage.
- 5+ years working in and IT department / team.
- 5+ years SAP configuration and applications development.
- Working in a project management discipline, e.g.
- Producing solutions for a manufacturing organisation is an advantage.
Acting as consultant to business partners and colleagues.
- Business process knowledge within application area of expertise.
- Detailed understanding of SAP IDOCs
- Previous experience of, or an interest and aptitude to learn, EDI solutions
What will make you successful
- Communicates at all levels clearly, listens and involves other team members in solutions and goals. Produces clear, quality documentation whether this relates to general communications (email), educational, training or technical papers. A confident and skilled presenter. Keeps line management informed of actions
- Builds effective relationships with immediate team, other colleagues within the department and business-wide. Recognises strengths and limitations of other team members and adapts own behaviours to obtain the best results.
- Contributes to plans and projects which introduce change, leading to positive business / system improvements.
- Has a determined, “Can do” attitude whilst respecting and supporting others within the team. Takes pride in producing accurate, high quality work. Takes responsibility for own decisions, actions and consequences.
- Has a positive customer focused attitude to providing solutions, which truly compliment and support real business needs. Is willing to be deployed in other application areas if required to support GIS or business needs.
- Analyses situations, recommends or makes sound judgements and takes appropriate decisions whilst keeping management informed. Investigates all options and thinks of solutions before referring elsewhere.
- Able to deliver of assigned tasks on time and to a high standard.
- Will always ensure SAP best practices & development standards are adhered to.
- Contribute to achievement of team’s performance and quality standards as defined service level agreements.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
What’s on offer
Competitive package available
30 days holiday (including 5 bank holidays) plus 3 bank holidays at Christmas
Matched pension up to 8% through salary sacrifice
Private Health Scheme
On site free parking
On site canteen
Free tea and coffee
Free company products
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.