We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
To provide an effective and efficient Microbiological Quality Control service which ensures that customer requirements and specifications are achieved at all times across site
Your responsibilities will be
- To ensure that the Health, Safety and Hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
- Prepare media according to the demands of the day.
- To conduct Microbiological testing of finished products and relevant associated samples to ensure that they comply with the required specification.
- To ensure that batches that exceed the specified limits will be assessed, monitored and actioned as appropriate.
- Maintain testing equipment and reagents ensuring that all equipment is maintained to the appropriate standard.
- Completing all associated administration duties such as spreadsheets, associated filing and distribution of batch status reports and answer specific e-mail queries.
- To monitor site hygiene and advise on matters concerning equipment hygiene according to appropriate procedures.
- Advise on changes to be made to plant to improve and sustain hygiene controls
- To drive the Cleaning and Sanitation on site in line with schedule and follow up non conformity.
- To provide a microbiological facility for new formulations to ensure that they are tested within the appropriate guidelines.
- On a request basis support any project work undertaken by the laboratory microbiologist.
- Be responsible for approval of finished stock on the SAP system.
- Responsible for ensuring your work area complies with GLP (good laboratory practice).
- Line Manage agreed reportees
- Deputy duty holder for site legionella control
Skills and education we are looking for
- Undergraduate Microbiology degree
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite.
- SAP computer experience would be an advantage.
- “O” Level/G.C.S.E. English, Maths & Chemistry/Science
- Minimum 1 years (2-3 years desirable) Microbiology Laboratory experience working in a fast moving consumer goods manufacturing environment.
- Experience in interpreting and evaluating microbiological results including organism identification.
- Minimum 12 months experience of Good Laboratory Practice.
Ability to organise and structure results in a manner that is easily retrieved for review.
What will make you successful
- To provide an effective and efficient Microbiological Quality Control service which ensures that customer requirements and specifications are achieved at all times.
- Responsibility for the completion of all administration and filing within the Microbiological Laboratory enabling authorised personnel to access relevant information as and when required.
- The ability to perform chemical testing in a safe and hazard free manner, analysing results and communicating their implications to production.
- Able to communicate at all levels both written and oral.
- Able to present key finding of investigations and issues with recommendations
- Able to influence others and drive sustainable change to site practise
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.