We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
Manage and direct the activities of a group of Senior Operators, operators and GA’s to achieve and exceed planned safety, quality and output targets for the assigned shift.
Your responsibilities will be
- Ensure that routine quality and safety inspections are correctly carried out.
- Maintain the effective operation of the assigned production area.
- Manage the Senior Operators to ensure:-
- corrective actions from audits are made and maintained.
- product and size changeovers are made in accordance with SWP and agreed target times.
- maintenance checks are made and maintenance activity carried out where appropriate.
- departmental hygiene and line cleanliness standards are maintained at all times.
- Prepare for and conduct shift handovers with other Team Managers.
- Publish appropriate data regarding line performance in both quantitative and qualitative terms for the assigned area.
- In conjunction with colleagues and the Manufacturing Manager, produce and implement plans and strategies to maintain and improve:-
- Quality levels for the assigned lines.
- Safety standards and results for the assigned lines.
- Manage the motivation and development of the assigned staff, including appraisal of Senior Operators. Carry out disciplinary procedures, in accordance with company procedures.
- As part of the continuous improvement process, review and identify improvement opportunities, recommending solutions to Manufacturing Manager.
- Work with all departments to achieve and maintain customer accreditation, ISO and BRC standards, and other standards as identified in the Site Strategic plan.
- Manage the Senior Operators to achieve improvements to line performance including by participation in improvement teams as required.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate SWPs across the area.
- Manage line supply and ancillary staff to achieve optimum area performance.
- Carry out accident investigations
Skills and education we are looking for
- HNC Level Education or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role
- Circa 5 years Manufacturing experience, preferably FMCG
- Problem solving skills
- IT / Systems literate
- Lean Manufacturing skills
- Has an awareness of the site business plans and goals.
- Guides and monitors the team’s performance taking actions and decisions to ensure work is constantly aligned to the departmental goals.
- Takes reasonable risks to overcome problems considering the impact of actions on own and other parts of the business.
- Has a detailed knowledge of policies, procedures and standards that are applicable within own area.
- Monitors the standards of service through KPI’s communicating results to team members on a regular basis.
- Treats quality as a key part of their work on a daily basis and supports initiatives or changes in process as they arise.
- Has a working knowledge of the Sap transactions and can execute each of the processes.
- Subscribes to continuous improvement and seeks out innovative approaches.
- Set up, operate, monitor, control and improve manufacturing processes to meet customer requirements.
What will make you successful
- Communicates the plans, objectives and values to team members and ensures each person understands how they can contribute to the achievement of them.
- Understands his/her departmental plans, objectives and values in detail, how they fit with those of other departments and the inter-dependencies.
- Has a good understanding of customer requirements and seeks to meet or exceed them.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available
- Continental shift pattern (12 hours per day, 2 days, 2 nights, 4 off)
- 24 days holiday per year (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Pension scheme, salary sacrifice, matched up to 8%
- Private health scheme (employee contributes)
- Free parking
- Free products
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.