We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Middleton. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
To provide support to Learning & Talent Development Officer, Manufacturing Managers and Team Managers, in the identification and co-ordination of standard, quality training for existing colleagues and new starters in all operational areas. Assess colleagues’ current competencies and identify areas for additional training. Maintain accurate Training Records (Hardcopy and SAP).
Your responsibilities will be
- Work in partnership with the Site Team, to:-
- identify training and development needs (ITN’s)
- formulate and co-ordinate training plans to address training needs and the Site Business plan
- support and coach all Work Based Trainers
- deliver operational training solutions as required and in conjunction with the Work Based Trainers
- populate the SAP Qualification Database
- ensure individual training records are up kept up to date and accurate
- Work with Managers and Trainees in the identification of pre-training objectives
- To organise and attend relevant meetings to ensure all colleagues are informed and involved with implementation and development of standardised training system
- Development and Maintain SOP’s and single point lessons in conjunction with Work Based Trainers and Line Managers
- Conduct Training and Assessments of competence as required in operational areas
- Evaluate the effectiveness of operational training activities
- Actively support the site Opex initiative
- Audit operational skills matrices and identify potential areas of focus
- Promote training activities, through the use of notice boards and team briefs
- Produce training statistics (training hours undertaken) for the Learning & Talent Development Officer outlining progress and achievement against objectives
- Undertake project work and other relevant tasks as directed by the Manufacturing Controller, HRM and Learning & Talent Development Officer
- Ensure that all new starters receive an operational work place induction via Work Based Trainers and Line Managers
- Support HR and HSE in the delivery of the Site Induction Programme for all new starters
- Drive standard and sustained training in all operational areas
Skills and education we are looking for
- Ideally hold a recognised CIPD Training Qualification
- Coaching skills would be an advantage
- 2-3 years’ experience of operating within a similar role in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- SAP knowledge advantageous.
- IT literate with the ability to produce professional materials (training manuals and SPI’s)
- Good administrative skills
What will make you successful
- Understands the broad longer-term objectives for the site and the department.
- Understands and takes responsibility for the affect own day to day actions have on the commercial performance of the business e.g. waste, quality, responsiveness to internal and external enquiries, appearance in front of customers.
- Takes an interest and contributes to continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Has a broad understanding and applies those aspects of policy, procedure and standards that are applicable to self and own area of work.
- Complies with Robert McBride Ltd. Health, Safety and Environmental Policies as displayed on the notice board.
- Reports any safety hazards and environment risks within the work area or malfunction of any machine, plant or equipment to the immediate Manager.
- Understanding and follows all quality procedures and specifications.
- Can differentiate between training needs and other types of employee performance issues, and knows the training system's proper role in enhancing productivity and performance.
- Actively contributes to the development of the local training and development plans.
- Understands the impact of individual learning preferences and culturally based learning styles, and can design a variety of teaching and transfer strategies that address different styles.
- Able to write standard work instructions and produce a Session plan with defined Learning outcomes using a variety of exercises and activities that enhance learning and application.
- Helps to assess and provide feedback regarding trainees' acquisition of knowledge and skill at the completion of training; and can recommend additional activities to promote skill development.
- Adjusts presentation methods, style and language to build rapport and maintain the learners’ focus and attention; and avoids unnecessary and distracting mannerisms.
- Can use information from participant evaluations, evaluation summaries, and feedback from learners to identify opportunities for improving and or further developing the training provided.
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available
The closing date for applications is 26/02/2021
If you would like a copy of the full job description and would like to apply for this role, please forward an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and covering letter outlining the reasons why you believe you are suitable for this role and send to UK HR Team, UKRecruitment@mcbride.co.uk.
If you would like to know more about the role before applying, and would prefer a confidential conversation - please email the above address and a meeting/call with the line manager can be arranged.
If you are an internal applicant – you must ensure that you have informed your line manager of your interest in this vacancy before applying.
If you know of someone who does not currently work for McBride and you believe would be a great addition to our organisation and they meet the qualifications for this role, please remember to complete the Refer A Friend - Candidate Referral Form. The document can be found in the Talent Acquisition section of the HR Village page or from your Local HR team.
Privacy Statement: We will use the personal information that you have submitted to us in order to consider your application for the relevant role. Your privacy is important to us. Please check our Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our career opportunities page http://www.mcbride.co.uk/job-applicant-privacy which explains the purposes for which we will use your personal information and the ways in which we will handle and retain your information. It also explains the rights you have in relation to your information, and how to contact us with any queries or requests.