Transaction Associate Cash & Bank
We have an exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s leading manufacturer’s based in Central Park. McBride is the leading supplier of Private Label Household and professional cleaning/hygiene products for Europe's largest and most successful retailers as well as producing own brand products.
The formula for our success is quite straightforward: we work by our Key Values – Always Committed, Working Together, Aspire to be the best and Giving and Taking Accountability to create a positive environment for all McBride employees.
Reporting to the Transactions Manager-Cash and Bank primary responsibility is to act as a subject matter expert and point of reference, for issues relating to the transactional delivery for all Cash & Banking transactions
Your responsibilities will be
Managing daily and periodically the incoming receipts, outgoing BAU payments, submission and approval of Payroll files across the business.
Also Bank movement and reconciliations for 66 bank accounts across the Group and various banking platforms.
Responsibility is to manage the flow of work through effective LEAN techniques, observing all key business controls, to ensure all work completed under the remit is ‘right first time’ and adheres to group policies
- Ensure bank statement data is downloaded and reconciled in a timely and effective manner
- Proactive management of bank account transactions to ensure outstanding unreconciled items are minimised at all times and explained
- Plan, coordinate and manage payments workflow approval schedule and resources
- Review manual payments requests and challenge as necessary
- Responsible for Intercompany payment process
- Ensure bank account reconciliation is performed timely and accurately every month
- Monitor and control all suppliers’ Direct debits validity
- Responsible for reconciliation and submission of invoice discounting
- Strive to achieve best performance and customer service with our sites/suppliers/customers to drive the Transactional Finance KPIs and process improvements within Cash and Bank as per benchmarks agreed with the Head of Financial Shared Service – Transactions
- Ensure queries are dealt with in a professional and timely manner and that monitoring process ensures that effective and timely solutions to queries and issues are delivered and follow the escalation process when required.
- Manage daily/periodic Cash and Bank processes efficiently and effectively ensuring bottlenecks are addressed and work appropriately balanced and escalate issues to line Manager when necessary.
- Ensure all Cash & Bank controls and polices are adhered to mitigate Financial , Operational, Anti-bribery, Fraud, and Reputational risks
- Assist in testing new initiatives related to Transactional activities, manage the detailed testing scenarios necessary to the C&B Finance Transformation ensuring delivery in a timely fashion of process improvements and automation solutions
- Document and test new training material for the on-boarding of any new processes or new team members
Skills and education we are looking for
- Fluent in English (Verbal and written) and another McBride relevant European languages would be advantageous.
- At least 2 year’s Cash & Banking experience desirable
- Book keeping / reconciliation experience desirable
- Experience of European banking platforms and payment processes (within SSC desirable)
- Office IT literate, preferably with advanced MS Excel skills
- Prior SAP experience essential
What will make you successful
- Team work
- Builds relationships,
- Collaborative Team working
- Aspire to be the best
- Self confidence
- Customer service
- Technical expertise and Professionalism
- Always committed
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Emotional resilience
- Resource management
- Accountability Giving and Taking
- Initiatives and taking ownership
- Decision making and judgement
What can you expect
- To join a talented team where your contribution is recognised
- To work in a challenging, fast paced, international company
In return you will receive
- Competitive package available
The closing date for applications is 29/10/2021